Breakfast bowls aren’t limited to cereal anymore. Brekkie bowls are comprehended to be organic, vegan-friendly bowls that usually keep you satisfied till lunchtime. These bowls are super versatile and efficient while being effectively healthy for your health. The Green Brekkie Bowl is an enriched vegetable-packed nutritional breakfast filled with flavour. It’s also a practical snack that can be consumed post work out and during diets. This breakfast bowl stands for its unique taste along with its nourishing value.
The green brekkie bowl serves one person and has 343 calories per serving. The preparation time is 4 minutes while the cooking time is 10 minutes.
Components To Prepare:
- Half tsp of olive oil
- ½ tsps ground paprika
- Half tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsps ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 70 g kale, with hardy stems, removed and leaves shredded.
- ½ courgette (zucchini), (approx. 75g or 2 2/3 oz), chopped
- Five baby mushrooms – sliced.
- 50 g raw and fresh spinach leaves
- Two large fresh eggs.
- ½ avocado -make sure it is mashed
- sea salt
- black pepper
Steps To Prepare The Green Brekkie Bowl:
- Place a fry-pan over the stove under medium heat and add olive oil followed by spices, kale and courgette. Let the olive oil mix in with the vegetables. Let the vegetables heat for nearly 8 minutes. This time must be enough for the kale to turn soft, stir it occasionally.
- Now add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes after the mix blends. Finally, after the others heat up, add the spinach to the mix and turn off the heat. Stir this thoroughly to let the flavours blend in.
- Meanwhile, as the vegetables get cooked, boil the eggs. For this process, add cold water into the saucepan until approximately 8cm deep. Proceed to add some fresh vinegar to this water. Boil the water, and eventually reduce the heat, note that the water should still be boiling around the edge of the saucepan.
- Break open an egg into another bowl. Using a simple wooden spoon, mix the water in the saucepan to create a whirlpool. Then, tip the egg from the pan into the simmering water. Let the egg cook for about 2 to 3 minutes for a soft yolk or 3 to 4 minutes for a hard firm yolk. After that, use a slotted spoon and proceed to remove the egg from the water. Proceed with the same method with the other egg, and place the final output on a plate.
- Now, the greens would have been perfectly soft. Place them into a large bowl and add mashed avocado. Top the entire dish with smashed avocado and then poached eggs. This product makes up the final dish of our whole green brekkie bowl.
- To add the final essence of magic, season with salt and pepper and enjoy this breakfast bowl dish to your heart content.
Eat healthily and live longer!