Fiber is very good for your health. But having too much fiber in your food can cause digestive system problems. If you choose a low Fiber diet, the large amount of undigested food passes through your digestive system. Your doctor can advise you on a low Fiber diet in a number of conditions. Here are some of the situations under which your doctor can recommend a low fiber diet or restricted fiber diet.
- If you have any inflammatory disease or any narrowing bowel due to a tumor.
- If you have had any bowel surgery.
- If you are having any kind of radiant treatment which can affect your digestive system.
- If you want to give your digestive system rest.
- If you are having any abdominal pain, diarrhea or any other symptoms.
Low fiber diet is not intended for weight loss and it should be done under professional guidelines. And after recovering from your disease, your doctor allows you to eat food with fiber. As it can cause side effects, you must follow all the guidelines of your doctor.
Low Fiber Food
In a low fiber diet, you only can have 10 grams fiber each day and it is the same for male and females. The foods which are included in low fiber diets are not good for health in the long term. Following are the food and fruits with low fiber that you can include in your low fiber diet.
- You can try white bread instead of whole grain bread.
- Hot or cold low fiber cereal.
- White sauce pasta or white rice with soup.
- Potatoes without skin you can boil or fry them.
- Well cooked fresh vegetables in small amounts.
- You can make any food from white refined flour.
- Carrots and beets
- Tomatoes sauces
- Canned vegetables without seeds
- Acorn squash
Fruits with low fiber
- Fruit juices without pulp.
You are on a low fiber diet because your digestive system is not strong. So must havr to avoid food that you find difficult to digest. Spicy food, tea, coffee or alcohol can affect your digestive system. So you must have to avoid them and also avoid following foods
- Onion and garlic.
- Vegetables like kale, cauliflower, cabbage, brocolli and swiss chard. Even when they are well cooked.
- Raw vegetables
- Skin of the potatoes
- Nuts and seeds
- Whole grain breads
- Brown rice
- Tough or processed meat
We hope that you might have some ideas about low fiber diet. This diet is recommended for person who is recovering from some disease. But you must have to get advice from your doctor. You must not have to strt it by yourself. Without any proper guidelines you can harm yourself and your digestive system. This diet is for short period of time not for long.