Foods To Eat When You’re Trying To Lose Weight
Are you looking for weight loss foods to start your journey to healthy living? Then you are in the right place. Here we give a list of weight loss foods you should choose the next time you go for groceries or eat outside. You can also try to make your own recipe using these foods for losing weight.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Green Leafy Vegetables- They are best recommended because first, they have lower calories (cup kale is only 8 calories!) and ultimately, they are rich in vitamins and minerals. They are also high in fiber and have calcium and antioxidants which eliminates toxins in the body. Examples are spinach, cabbage, lettuce, and collard greens.
- Potato and Sweet Potatoes- But this refers to boiled and not fried potatoes. White potatoes are rich in fiber and potassium which can make you feel full easier, helping you control your appetite. Sweet potatoes have protein, fiber and vitamin A which make it a great substitute for higher calorie foods.
- Legumes and Beans- Beans can balance your blood sugar level and lessen your appetite. Legumes are high in protein and fiber. They also contain genistein compound which aids weight loss. Both have low calories, count. Examples are black beans, kidney beans, and lentils.
- Avocado- You can find avocado in almost every balanced diet menu out there. This is because it has monounsaturated (oleic acid) or healthy fats which proved to reduce hunger. It also has antioxidants and fiber which eliminates harmful free-radicals.
- Nuts- They may have high calories but they offer beneficial nutrients vital for weight loss and health. For example, moderate intake of almonds can contribute to a healthy heart, lower cholesterol, while pistachio can reduce triglycerides.
Whole Grains and Oil
- Whole Grains- Yes we are talking about cereals and your favorite pasta here but not the refined ones. The refined grains are high in calorie and sugar which can make you fat. Unlike refined, whole grains reduces the calories retained in the body and can increase your metabolism. They are also high in fiber and good for the heart. Also, choose whole grains over refined or white grains.
- Oil- Choose plant-based oils for your cooking for they are healthier. The best example is coconut oil or extra virgin coconut oil to be specific. It contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which can increase calorie burning. Olive oil, corn oil, and palm oil also have lower unhealthy fats than lard or oil from animals.
Fish and Meat
- Lean Meat- Lean and unprocessed meat have been ruling over the world of dieting nowadays. High-protein, low-carb diet such as keto diet was proved to be an effective weight loss regimen. Protein from chicken breast, lean pork and beef can make you burn up to 80-100 calories each day. It can also reduce your cravings unlike eating high sugar foods which will make you want more.
- Tuna- It is low in fat, high in protein but has low calories, making it a top favorite of bodybuilders.
- Salmon- It may be the king when we talk about fishes that can make you lose weight. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acid which is good for the heart. It also a great source of protein and can make you burn more fat.